Re: [oletrucks] 58 gas tank frame mount

To: rsain@gte.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 gas tank frame mount
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 08:58:06 -0600
Ryan and Kurt:
I've been thinking of doing the same thing to my '56 Chevy 1/2 ton.  The
other day I got a fall sales brochure from Brothers Truck Parts in CA and
saw a Chevy Blazer poly tank for about the same price.  The ad said it would
fit 47-72 trucks so I emailed them back asking for more info.

They replied the ad was a misprint and the tank only fits 67-79 pickups (oh
well).  Most metal tanks I've seen run in the $375-$450 range and some
require you remove the rear frame crossmember.

I'd be very interested in what you come up with.  Please keep the mailing
list advised of your research and what you've decided to buy.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL

>From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
>To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 58 gas tank frame mount
>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:37:20 -0800
>
>Kurt,
>
>Local shop up in Spokane, WA - Tim's Hot Rods (509-926-1429) has tanks - in
>fact we are getting ours from him. I called him for a price quote just
>yesterday for our 59 apache.
>
>215.00 for a poly tank with neck and cap 27"x17"x9.5" (fill hole in the
>middle of bed)
>
>225.00 for a steel paintable tank 27.75"x17.75"x8.5" neck is an additional
>35.00 (fill hole in the middle of bed)
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>- Ryan
>

>On 10/31/03 9:31 AM, "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I was searching the web for a frame mounted gas tank for my 58 Apache
>and
> > came across www.tuckersparts.com they have a 21 gal poly tank w/ sending
> > unit for $299. that is by far the best price for a frame mount tank. has
> > anyone used one of these tanks or used this vendor? it is the first time
> > have come across this vendor. or any suggestions of where to go for a
>frame
> > mount tank?
> >
> > Kurt
> > 58 Apache project
> > 59 3800 panel 4sale

> > Want to check if your PC is virus-infected?  Get a FREE computer virus
>scan
> > online from McAfee.

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings!
Go to  http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134