[oletrucks] steering/weight

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] steering/weight
From: "Kirk Pierce" <kpier883@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:21:52 -0600
I have noticed in the past that with manual steering, some wieght at the
back of the bed can make steering much easier.  Since I am planning the
engine rebuild, I have been wondering if changing the cast iron parts on
small block v8 - heads, intake, exhaust, water pump to aluminum parts would
decrease weight on the front wheels enough to make steering easier.
Additionally moving the fuel tank rearward and the battery might help.

Anyone tried aluminum parts or front end weight reduction and could comment?