[oletrucks] inner fenders

To: Oletrucks Mail List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] inner fenders
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:14:59 -0800 (PST)
The P.O. of my 1950 3100 truck tried to install a
different radiator. In doing so, the inner fenders
were cut so that the wider radiator would fit into the
engine compartment. I moved the radiator to the front
of the radiator support, but that leaves a one inch
wide slot in each inner fender. One of the guys I work
with has a 1950 one ton. He will sell me the inner
fenders for $25.00 if I take them off. The truck is
sitting in the weeds and has been for a long time. The
$25.00 for the inner fenders is not a big deal, the
labor to remove them will be a big deal.
I have read threads that say the fenders for the half
ton and the three quarter ton trucks are
interchangeable. The same threads say that the one ton
and above fenders are wider and will not fit. Does
anyone know if the inner fenders from the one ton will
fit my half ton?
This truck also has a decent looking original radiator
in it. The stock radiator in a 3100 is not enough to
cool a 350. This radiator looks different (bigger)
than ones I have seen in stock half ton trucks. Is the
radiator in a one ton any different than the radiator
in a half ton truck?

Thanks

=====
Jim Nordwall