Re: [oletrucks] More Tranny Questions

To: Kenangler2@cs.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More Tranny Questions
From: Roger.Gleason@uconn.edu
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:25:07 -0500
The small plug on the top is actually a vent, if its plugged then it needs
to be opened. The clutch play is probably from wear in the linkage and
brackets.  Unless you have replaceable bushings it hard to eliminate. You
might be able to drill out the brackets and shift levers and install
bushings, but the linkage might have worn spots that are not that easily
removed. 3/4 " is not all that much play.

Roger Gleason

                      Kenangler2@cs.com

                      Sent by:                   To:
old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
                      owner-oletrucks@aut        cc:

                      ox.team.net                Subject:  [oletrucks] More
Tranny Questions

                      11/06/2003 08:40 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Kenangler2

Thanks everyone for the advice on transmission installation.  Got a
universal
clutch alignment tool from my local APS and it worked great.  Depressed the

clutch slightly and inserted the tool - everything lined up.  Transmission
went
right in!  Questions:  I'm assuming the fill hole for the transmission is
the
plug located on the side of the tranny - what is the small plug located on
the top back by the u-joint for?  Also, I was trying to adjust my clutch
pedal
and I can't seem to get the 3/4" to 1" play - any suggestions.  I have a
'50
3100 by the way.  Thanks again

Ken