Re: [oletrucks] My New & Improved AD Truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] My New & Improved AD Truck
From: Larry D Finley <ldfinley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:48:03 -0600
Hi Larry,

My truck's drums are 6-bolt.  I bought the new mags at Johnny's J & L
here in OKC, for $281.78 including tax, for a set of 4 Chrome Steel
Wheels.  I bought the tires from Hibdon Tires Plus for $455.61 .  Any
decent tire and wheel store should be able to help you.

I am assuming that when you say "IFS", you are talking about rodding the
vehicle.  That is my ultimate goal.  However, that takes a tremendous
amount of work and money in my book, so I'm going to approach it in
stages.  Stage one, I just did.  Stage two will be when I install the
high speed rear end kit.  Stage three will be when I do a complete power
train upgrade.  My engine is still running strong (for a 216), so why be
in a big hurry? My philosophy is if it's not broken, don't fix it.  If it
was about to throw a rod, well that's a different matter.  However, I'm
hoping with my insurance connections that I can find a wrecked newer
model car that I can pick up for salvage when I'm ready, but that might
be a few more years down the road, and I want to buy it right.

Good luck on your '50.   I've had mine about 6 years now and have
throughly enjoyed it.  People constantly eyeball it and stop me to ask
about it, almost everywhere I go.  And it is not anywhere close to being
show room quality, like some of the trucks are.  My total investment in
it is about $5000, so far.  A whole lot less than a new pickup costs,
that's for sure.  And which would you rather have?  For way less than
what some guys pay for the excise tax on a new truck around here, I have
a new & improved, old truck.

Take care,

Larry
'51 Chevy 3100
OKC OK

PS - I will send you photos off post.  Hopefully, you already have them.