[oletrucks] Proposal for Midwest Oletruckers Winter Get-Together

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Proposal for Midwest Oletruckers Winter Get-Together
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:28:48 -0600
Ive been in contact with Wayne Osborne and Miq Millman and have their
permission to put this request out to the mailing list.

Id like to know if there is any interest in having a 1-day get together of
any oletruckers in the Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Iowa area.  I am
located in Pontiac, Illinois (approximately 90 miles south of Chicago on
interstate 55).  I know of several other list members in the northern
Illinois area and thought it may be a good idea if we could meet on a
Saturday or Sunday sometime during the winter months.

Depending on the number and location of the respondents, I was thinking of
meeting somewhere in Illinois where we could get together for lunch and have
the afternoon to swap pictures, stories and etc.  This would allow time to
travel to and from the meeting without having to stay overnight.

I would be willing to find a location central to those planning to attend
and organize a luncheon and meeting room for the afternoon.  If and when
such an event is organized, to be fair to everyone a small deposit may be
required from those attending so I dont get stuck with the bill if no one
shows up.

If you are within driving distance of northern or central Illinois and
interested in such a get together, Please email me OFF-LIST (this is at
Miqs request).
My email address is as follows:  the_hams@hotmail.com

Please reply with the following information:
Your name (full name please, no nicknames or email names)
The city and state where you live
The year, type, model truck you have (or wish to have if you dont own one
now)
Your email address

Ill keep the list posted as to what develops.

Thanks,

Carl Ham
56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Pontiac, IL

Need a shot of Hank Williams or Patsy Cline?  The classic country stars are
always singing on MSN Radio Plus.  Try one month free!