[oletrucks] fuel gauge

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] fuel gauge
From: "Jim (Deacon) and Karen Magill" <dnkmagill@wtxs.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:04:14 -0600
Thought this might save someone the trouble I went through. I switched
the original gauges in my 55 TF to stewart warner and everything worked
great with the late model gas tank at the rear, between the rails. Then
the gauge started pegging the needle past full. Every manual I read said
it was a bad ground. I pulled the tank again and resoldered the
connection at the tank sender and reworked the ground on the frame.
Still did not work correctly. After cking the ground MANY times I
started tracing the wire from the sender to the gauge and found  a break
in a connection. I know, I should have thought of that a long time ago
but I relied solely on what I read. Hard lesson and several trips of
wondering if you are nearly out of gas. Hope this helps someone else.
Deacon