[oletrucks] Off subject, but not too far

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Off subject, but not too far
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:38:35 -0600
My wife's '95 Acura Legend came with a Bose 6 CD changer built in to the trunk
mated to a Bose AM/FM radio.  A month ago the CD player started acting
squirrelly and two weeks ago quit entirely.

I called the Acura dealer who quoted me $400+tax.

I talked with various local car stereo shops who had solutions that were not
plug compatible.  Most hooked into the antenna and played through the FM
receiver.  Wouldn't fit in the original hole using the stock trim pieces.
Average price including installation was around $200.  90 day warrantee.

Found a plug compatible unit from Taiwan for $130 with no warrantee other than
if it came DOA.  It too would not fit the original mounting scheme.

Used replacement units on eBay were going for $170-225 with no warrantee.

Finally happened across Willman's Electronics
http://www.willmanselectronics.com/ while doing Google searches.  Checked with
the Dallas BBB who had no complaints against them and decided to let them
repair my unit.  They charged me $120 (including shipping) and gave me a 12
month warrantee.  I sent the unit to them UPS ground on Wednesday, Dec 10.  It
arrived at Willman's on Thursday, Dec 11 in the afternoon.  They repaired it
and shipped it out on Friday, Dec 12 arriving at my place last night.  I
installed it and all is now well again.

I just wish other "service" companies operated more like Willman's Electronics.