Re: [oletrucks] gear ratio

To: "Larry Cornett" <larry@cornett.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gear ratio
From: "The Botelers" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:38:41 -0500
Larry,

I believe the Turbo 400 is still just 1:1 in High gear, which is the same as
your 4 speed so there won't be any gain in speed or economy.  I order to
archive those you need to change the engine final drive speed/rpm by adding
Overdrive or changing rear ratio or increasing the tire diameter (a lot!).

There are formulas on-line where you can play with different numbers,
allowing you to see the results they each have.

Regards,

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake