Re: [oletrucks] WHEELS

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] WHEELS
From: "Dave Shier" <daveshier@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:40:36 +0000
I just had my 8 bolt 15" 1950 GMC rims changed to tubeless rims and I
believe they are 7" rims.  It turned out really great and I am glad I did
it.  I also have a 49 Chevy one ton flatbed with split rims and I am going
to see about changing those now also.

The originals were split rims and they just cut off the old rims and welded
on new ones on all five wheels.  This was done in the Denver area although I
think there was one list member who said he was dissatisfied with the
Trudesign company as his wheels rusted through or something like that.  I
went ahead and so far it is turning out good.

Sincerely,
DAve Shier
Trinidad, Colorado
Lots of Trucks