[oletrucks] Searching for Backing Plates for 1-1/2 Ton Bendix Front brak

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Searching for Backing Plates for 1-1/2 Ton Bendix Front brakes
From: "Thomas, Robert E." <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:26:28 -0800
All:

I anticipate picking up a 1-1/2 ton rear axle (complete) this weekend to
put under my 41 1-1/2 ton, which has blown out both rear wheel
cylinders.  My 41 has "Huck" brakes, the new axle has Bendix brakes.

Thus, I would like to find a set of 1-1/2 ton backing plates for a 53-59
Chevy so I can put Bendix brakes on the front, too, and keep the "stock"
look.

Does anyone out there have 1-1/2 ton front backing plates they'd like to
sell?  I'd be interested in picking up a set of front drums if they
are/would be within tolerances after turning.

I can also be pinged at RT54GMC@aol.com

Thanks,

RT