[oletrucks] [OLE] Fender Sqeak

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] [OLE] Fender Sqeak
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:05:23 -0800
I've got my left front fender off for repair and noticed a few remnants of
what appears to have been a cushion or wheatherstrip type of material on
the top of the inner fender, up to the radiator support.  The closest shope
manual I could find to the 1953 3/4 ton calls it ( I think ) " the
anti-squeak ".  They say to make sure it is in position before assembly.
The Factory Assembly Manual seems to call the one I'm speaking about
" 3686349 Front Fender Rear Seal "
tho I see other references to a gasket looking strip in other fender areas
as being ' anti-squeak '.

The fender itself is due back in a week or so.  Does anyone know of a
source for these parts?
And while I'm on the topic, might there be an index or table of contents
available somewhere for the 1947-1954 Truck Factory Assembly Manual? Every
time I try to find something in there I spend half an hour: find lots of
cool things but rarely what I'm after.  :}

Thanks for any help.

        Paul
        '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion
        '53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton