Re: [oletrucks] rad advice follow up and what fan?

To: bigfred@unm.edu
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rad advice follow up and what fan?
From: IDPHR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:47:09 EST
Alfie...I have a fan set-up in my 51 3100 ('58 235, dual exhaust/headers/dual
carters,etc.) I use a 16" electric fan for two reasons 1) it provides the
greatest cfm and 2) It's a perfect fit.
I use my fan on an auto switch on/off and it is in a pusher confiquration (in
front of the radiator) I would use a shroud in a puller config (which I have
in my 52 Burb)...I tried a straight blade 16" first but I thought it was too
noisy...went to a curved blade...works great and really increases the pep of my
235.
Good luck...Steve G.