[oletrucks] Bad News / Good News

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Bad News / Good News
From: Mark Johnson <hd99fxst@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 05:41:00 -0800 (PST)
This is one of those Bad News / Good News stories...
With the third kid joining our family, and long hours
at work in my new job, my wife and I have *agreed*
that one of the toys must go.  I'm faced with the
choice of saying farewell to a 1971 Chevelle Four Door
with serious body rot, that I've had for five years;
or my 1951 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe Cab that I've had for
15 years.

Good news -- the choice is a no brainer.  And since a
four door Chevelle is about worthless, now is the
perfect time to do my drivetrain swap. I want to grab
all useful parts before the Chevelle finds a new home.
 What should I grab besides:
1)  Motor (Vortec-headed 383!!!)
2)  Trans (TH350)
3)  Driveshaft
4)  Rear End (10 Bolt 2.73)
5)  Trans Cross Member?

Any front suspension parts worth taking?  I don't plan
on doing a "Chevelle sub-frame", and it has drum
brakes...

What else should I grab while it's still "free"?

Thanks for the iinsight!
(Maker's) mark.
'51 3100 Deluxe Cab