[oletrucks] Engine Selection

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Selection
From: KremerRAK@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:30:32 EST
Once again, I am seeking the expert advice of my fellow Ole Truckers.  JEGs
sells a GM Performance 350 crate motor manufactured from a brand new pre 86
block for $1,299.  It is set up for a carburetor.  I currently have a 1985 305
with factory TPI that I had planned on having rebuilt.  The rebuild will cost
me
just about as much as the new 350 but with a 3 month warranty rather than
JEGs' 3 year warranty.

My truck is to be a daily driver so I would like to use the TPI unit (with
new injectors).  If I buy the 350, should I install a different cam so the TPI
can be used?  Is there anything else that should be changed in order to use the
TPI?  What other challenges might I face?  Has anyone else done this with a
crate motor?  All input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Rick

54 5 window