Re: [oletrucks] Re: Leaking Rochester 1bbl. Any cure?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Leaking Rochester 1bbl. Any cure?
From: IDPHR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:11:20 EST
Just like everyone else...I had leaky Rochester's...the ultimate cure was to
switch to 1bbl Carters (Stovebolt)...however, I was able to dramatically and
on a couple of occassions completely stop leaks by 1) installing a fuel
pressure gauge(NAPA) and running the pressure at about 2 1/2 to 3 lbs (made a
big
diffence on leakage and no problem on performance; the second thing I tried was
to disassemble the carb body and have the mating surfaces(tops and bottoms)
machined absolutely flat and polished...then I put them back together and
torqued
the screws to get an even pull on the gaskets...it was expensive but it
worked.
Steve G.