Re: [oletrucks] Help with fire engine/1948 Chevy Loadmaster.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help with fire engine/1948 Chevy Loadmaster.
From: "The Botelers" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 20:48:38 -0500
Hey Tony,

It's a sickness we all have......

The first thing is to make it safe to roll.  Replace ALL of the brake lines,
steel and rubber.  This doesn't cost much and can be done in one weekend.
The old lines can rust from the inside out.  The master cylinder can be
rebuilt with a $20 kit from NAPA.  If it is pitted inside you can send it
out and have a brass sleeve installed...it will then better than new.

Do you have a Hydrovac (power brake booster)?  If so they are in the $250
range for a rebuilt unit with your core.

Then check all of the tires and rims....don't need a blow out your first
trip down the road.  One tow call could have paid for one new tire.

Don't forget to check ALL your lights.

Then correct the engine problems and do some cosmetic things.

Have fun!

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake