RE: [oletrucks] Advice on Steel Rims

To: the_hams@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Advice on Steel Rims
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 05:51:38 +0000
Carl
I purchased Wheels Viniques steel smoothies with the 52 chevy cap (small w/
bow tie emblem) and the rod beauty ring (narrow). the wheels came with a
little oil on them which cleaned up with grease & wax remover. I polished
the welds and any shipping dings prior to powdercoating them. the cap &
rings arrived ready to install. all polished stainless & beautiful. i did
order 8x15 w/5" backspace for the rear, the Trans AM rearend is 2" wider
than stock 58 chevy. and 7x15 w/4" bs for the front, pleanty of disk brake &
steering clearance.  I used Eastwoods powdercoat system and am happy with
the results. check it out on my website if interesed. Wheel Vintiques is a
bit in the dark ages, they don't take credit cards and will only accept a
cleared check prior to placing your order. I ordered them through my local
Discount Tire dealer, their bulk discount kept the markup to a minimum. I
think WV would be surprised at how much business they lose that way. over
all I like what I have & quality. I had to buy 5 of everything for the
fender mounted spare.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
59 3800 Panel 4sale
http://bulldogaquaticclub.com/dloads/pu/truck.htm

>From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
>To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
>Subject: [oletrucks] Advice on Steel Rims
>Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:27:45 -0600
>
>List Members:
>I'm just beginning to upgrade my '56 Chevy Stepside with a new TCI IFS and
>a 4-link rear suspension with Ford 9-inch rear end.  I'm going to need new
>rims to replace the 6-lug rims I have now.  I'd like to buy plain steel
>rims in 15X8 inch with Chevy 5 X 4 3/4 bolt pattern and 3 inch backspacing.
>  I'll then paint the rims white to match the repaint on my bumpers and
>grill.  I'd like to put repro '56 pickup caps on the rims to keep with the
>'original' look.
>
>Anyone have some recent experience with buying some rims?  Any vendors to
>recommend?  Would appreciate some advice.  Thanks
>
>Carl Ham
>'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
>Pontiac, IL

Find great local high-speed Internet access value at the MSN High-Speed