[oletrucks] routing heat hose on a SBC.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] routing heat hose on a SBC.
From: bigfred@unm.edu
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:43:49 -0700
Hi All,
well, I'm slowly, but surely getting my new '50 back on the road.
The truck has a camero clip with a 350.
My latest problem is trying to figure out how to route the heater hose.
The SB has the alt mounted on the pass side with a gigantic ugly
bracket that attaches to the top of the water pump and the intake
manifold.
Comming off the intake is a port for a heater hose.  My problem is that
my alternator is in the way or routing the heater hose.
I was thinking there would be a better way to mount the alternator so
it's a little further back.
I saw a long curved "universal mount" bracket at pep boys.  Has anyone
used this? It looks like it would bolt to the pass side of the water
pump.
What vehicles could I steal brackets from? Or maybe there's a better
way to attach the heater hose?
Thanks everyone.
-alfie