Re: [oletrucks] Hood springs , streeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching tool...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hood springs , streeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching tool...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:29:45 EST
   I had a brain storm thinking about this ( hope my Medula Oblongata doesn't
flood out!  :D  ). Anyway, how about a clothesline turnbuckle, or a
heavier-duty version? It has regular and reverse threads, the eye-bolts could
have
S-hooks installed, and put them in the spring, wrachet that baby apart, see if
it'll fit over the hood hooks, then turn the Turnbuckle the other way. I know
they make heavier ones than clothsline type, might be a bit mo' expensive, I'm
sure. Also, the under dash brake pedal uses a similar 1-bolt turnbuckle to the
Master Cylinder, might be able to rig up a couple of hooks on either end and
make it work, too, get one out of a junker truck or car. Pretty cheap, too!
anyone else got an idea?