RE: [oletrucks] OFF TOPIC : Cad engine

To: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] OFF TOPIC : Cad engine
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:28:22 -0600
Cadillac's first 429 was 1964.  59-63 was 390 cubic inches.  According to
CarNut.com
 http://www.carnut.com/specs/gen/cad60.html#eng

        year    engine  firing order
        50-62 331/365/390       18436572
        63      390             18726543
        64-67 429               18726543
        68-69 429               15634278

To the best of my knowledge all GM engines use the spark plug nearest the
driver's side headlight as #1.  Guess that would be different for right hand
drive models and I don't know what they do about cross mounted engines.  And
before you Corvair people prove me wrong I guess I'll make an exception for
them as well.