RE: [oletrucks] 55-59 Suburban spare tire mount

To: mark@noakes.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 55-59 Suburban spare tire mount
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:05:46 +0000
Mark
my 59 has the pivoting spare carrier like the PU. both rod holes are in the
frame, same basic setup as trucks through the 80s. it requires super human
strength or a jack to actual use it. mine still has the split rim and a
spare of unknown age. unless yours is bone stock, use one of the newer cable
hoist setups. for a reciever hitch, use the newer style frame mount that has
the tube frame extended out past the frame. look at any new truck (with a
hitch) for fabrication ideas.
Kurt
http://bulldogaquaticclub.com/dloads/pu/truck.htm

>From: mark@noakes.com
>To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
>Old-Burb-club@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [oletrucks] 55-59 Suburban spare tire mount
>Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 02:27:56 -0800 (PST)
>
>For anyone that has a 55-59 Suburban out there, how does the spare tire
>mount and, if
>under the rear frame, how can it be set up to keep the spare tire carrier
>and install a
>receiver hitch.  My 58 doesn't have any visible mounting hardware for the
>spare either
>on the inside in the back or under the frame.
>
>Mark Noakes

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed