[oletrucks] Stroked vs. De-stroked

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Stroked vs. De-stroked
From: "Ed Orbea" <orbea@tscnet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:00:03 -0800
I am "restifying" a 1953 Chevy 5 window. My plans include a 9" 3.53:1 ford
differential, TH400 Transmission and a 400 cuin small block. While at the
local auto parts store, one of the countermen was trying to talk me into
de-stroking my 400 by installing a 350 crank. While I am aware of what is
meant by stroking a motor (i.e. 383 stroker), what is meant be de-stroking a
motor, and what is the benefit of doing so.

Thanks
Ed Orbea
'53 5-window
Poulsbo, WA