[oletrucks] Old Parts Pricing

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Old Parts Pricing
From: IDPHR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:32:24 EST
Dave's insight on what certain rare old parts are worth is a great discussion
question. I recently spent quite a bit of time and effort looking for and
buying rear door glass (barn door) for my '52 Burb. I had a hell of a time
finding some...ended up paying about $100. per glass...what was the
alternative...
if you want original stuff?
Further, value is in the eyes of the beholder...why put a $4000. crate motor
and a $2500IFS in a 50+ year old truck when the old six and original front end
will get you where you want ot go....why do we need an expensive 300+HP to go
55mph?(plus you'll never get your $$ back)...the answer is because that's
your personal decision and that's what you want.
Fender trim is rare, valuable but totally unnecessary...so why spend that
kind of $$?...because the buyer wanted it and that's what it cost...I looked at
the site and it looks like a lot of people wanted that fender trim!

Steve G.