[oletrucks] Re: Front Brake Question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Front Brake Question
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:34:15 -0600
I had a similar problem on my 66 GTO.
The first couple of stops after being stored for a week or two resulted
in it darting scarily to the left.

In my case it was contaminated brake linings.
On of the front wheel cylinders had spewed and the brake fluid had
soaked into the lining.
The fluid would rise to the surface during off times.
After the first couple of stops, the heat would dry off the lining and
the brakes would function normally.  Then I had normal braking until the
car sat for a while.

New brake shoes cured it (~$20).
It was especially annoying because I had completely redone the
hydraulics and reused the old shoes because they were hardly worn at all.
If I hadn't been so cheap I wouldn't have had the problem.

HTH

regards,
Leon