[oletrucks] ok, you asked for it.....

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] ok, you asked for it.....
From: "Cecil \"Steve\" Martin" <chevl_69@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:42:01 -0500
Since you guys said it was too quiet.....

Here's my plans. Shoot them down if you can. Would save me a lot of time and
money :)

I have a 58 1 ton that I plan on making a long distance tow vehicle in
addition to trips to Home Depot or Lowes. While the body and most interior
is in fantastic condition, the steering is manual, the brakes are drum up
front, and it has a solid axle in front as well. The rear end, while
probably built like a tank, I worry about for long term use and thinking
about upgrading.

Has anyone ever just transferred a whole body to a newer chassis? Say about
a 1980's 3/4 ton to 1 ton? Most of them should be cheap.

Other thoughts right now are a stainless Flaming River column, and Dakota
Digital gauges...anyone using them?

Question of the day: Why the heck are Auto Meter Cobalt series gauges so
darned expensive?

                                       Steve