[oletrucks] Exhaust Leak (again)

To: 60schevy@topica.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Exhaust Leak (again)
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:15:05 EST
My basically stock 305 with stock exhaust manifolds has blown several exhaust
manifold gaskets.  I am using the "drop-in" type Fel-Pro gaskets and torquing
the bolts to the proper torque.  When first install the gasket is directly
between the manifold and gasket, but appears to "walk" to either the front or
rear of the manifold becoming more visible.  Anyone else seen this?  Should I
use different gaskets or some kind of sealer?  I'm tired of doing this every
2-3
weeks.  FYI, the exhaust system is new with Flow Masters and the problem has
appeared on both the left and right sides.  Thanks.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX