Re: [oletrucks] ignition conversion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ignition conversion
From: "Martin Smith \(Yahoo\)" <smithm92@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:58:11 -0800 (PST)
Wayne,
I recently converted to an HEI from stoveboltengine.com. I'm
very pleased with the results. The HEI unit will support twice
the gap on your plugs for a super spark jump. Fires up right
away, smoother at all rpms (I'm even using the same plugs I had
before the HEI).

You'll need to provide the HEI a full 12v through a 10ga wire
rather than the dropped voltage after the firewall resistor. I
ran a parallel 10ga wire from the battery through the ignition
switch and back to the HEI unit. I could have upgraded the stock
12ga wiring through the dash ammeter (which eventually feeds the
ignition and distributor) but didn't want to disrupt what was
working. Another plus of the HEI is the simple tach take-off
point. I'd like to add a tach (and vacuum gauge) at some point.
Martin
'55 TF 235