[oletrucks] patch panels and door glass advice

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] patch panels and door glass advice
From: "Brian Swain" <bps3520@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:55:41 +0000
I am about to install my new floorpans and patch panels to repair the cab on
my '52.  Along with the floors, I am replacing the both inner cowls, both
inner-to-outer cowls, the driver's side outer cowl, and both cab corners.
The floorpans have good instruction and shouldn't be a problem, but does
anyone have any tips for removing and installing the other panels?  On the
outer cowl it looks like I can drill out the spot welds on the side, but
where and how should I cut it across the top?

Also, I would eventually like to replace my door vent windows with the one
piece glass.  Do I need to find doors from an earlier year, or can I just
buy the window kits for the earlier year doors?

Thanks for any help,
Brian
'52 Chevy 3100 5-window

Premium!