[oletrucks] It Lives!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] It Lives!
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:55:28 -0500
I finally got the brakes working on the 53 3100 and got the electrical
system sorted out enough for it to run reliably.  I took it for a short
shakedown run and discovered that you can get about 1/2 mile away from
home with a clogged fuel line.

I nursed it along and it spit and sputtered till about 200 yards away,
then some neighbors helped me push it the rest of the way to the
driveway.  We got another truck and towed it up the driveway and over to
the shop.

Isn't this a fun hobby?

I got a new fuel line from O'Reilly today and put it on.  The old one
was so clogged I couldn't even run a wire through it.  It would just
barely trickle air from my blowgun until I tried to rod it out, then it
was completely clogged. I also added an extra filter (a Fram G2, $2.89
from O'Reilly) between the tank valve and the steel line. I'll be able
to see if rust or sediment is coming out of the tank.

Too many other chores to road test it again today.  I'll try next weekend.

Livin La Vida Loco,
Leon