[oletrucks] Need Help Taking apart a steering column

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Need Help Taking apart a steering column
From: bigfred@unm.edu
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:02:48 -0600
Hi All,
I'm trying to swap out steering columns in my '50 and I'm having a
little trouble taking both of them apart. Why do I need to take them
apart?... Well, it has to do with my stearing linkage.

First I'd like to get at the turn signal mechanisms in both columns,
but I can't even do that!!!

The 1st column that I'm trying to take apart is a GM column with the
key in the column. It has this locking mechanism so you can't turn the
wheel with the key out.

The 2nd column only has a shifter (no key).

They are both tilt and I can't get the turn signal mechanisms out of
either one of them.
Please help.
thanks
-alfie