Re: [oletrucks] interesting bowtie emblem

To: "McNulty, Bob" <BMcNulty@csuchico.edu>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] interesting bowtie emblem
From: "The Botelers" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:59:16 -0400
Hey Bob,

It's my understanding the El Morocco's didn't have any Chevrolet badges, all
of the locations on the body that said "Chevrolet" now say El Morocco.  I
have pictures of a '56 Convertible that was sitting in a guys back yard
rusting away.  It has since been moved.  He owned 2 of the 3 known '56
Convertibles.  Don't know what happened to the cars since his passing away a
few years ago.

My first thought on the emblem in question was that it was from 1953.  But I
don't think that is right...at least not for the American made cars.  Could
this be from an overseas car?

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake