[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2232

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2232
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 22:26:54 -0500
Thanks for the info.

I have  the small pulley (about 4 inches across)  - I guess I need to
replace it with one from a small block to slow the water pump down.
 From my reading, using the small pulley with the 235 damper spins the
pump too fast.
What's your take?

What do you suppose the vendors mean when they say I should use a "later
model" fan?
How much later?  Which model? There's a lot of fans that fit under the
description "later model".
If I could find time at work, I guess I could call one of these guys and
ask them.

I think I've found out some stuff about the temp sender.  Apparently 235
heads come in 2 flavors.  Those intended for use with a manual trans
were machined for the gauge bulb, and the clamp nut on the gauge tube is
5/8-18 bolt thread.  Those that were intended for use with the automatic
were machined for the idiot light switch, 1/2" NPT.  If these heads were
used in vehicle with gauges, an adapter fitting was used to provide the
seat to clamp the heat bulb.  I need to go the other way. I want to use
an idiot light sender with the manual trans head.  Somehow I have to
adapt from the 5/8-18 hole in the head to 3/8 or 1/2 NPT.
Suggestions, anyone?

Leon