Re: [oletrucks] Re: switch for dome light in cab

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: switch for dome light in cab
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:34:19 -0700 (PDT)
On my 50, the dome light switch is part of the dome
light. There is 12 volts going to the switch all of
the time. When it is on the bulb is fed 12 volts. I
added door switches to my truck and replaced the
headlight switch with a later model version that has
dome light control. If you are considering this, you
must add a relay and allow the relay to feed the 12
volts to the bulb, The door switches and the light
switch are wired on the control side of the relay and
go to ground to complete the relay coil circuit. This
is the way all interior lights are switched in later
model cars and trucks.

Jim Nordwall

> Chris wrote:
> I am close to finishing up my restoration of my 50
> 1/2 ton chevy.--  Does
> anyone know where to find a switch for the dome
> light in the cab???   >
> Chris Kesling

=====
Jim Nordwall