[oletrucks] Spring pin & bolt bushings

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Spring pin & bolt bushings
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 10:27:57 -0400
I am getting ready to put my rebuilt running gear back under the frame. I
have been unable to get the spring pin & bolt bushings out of the frame. I
have tried beating the snot out of them, I have tried using a puller to coax
them out. One has given up it's hold on the front horn of the frame, but the
others are brutally holding on.

Now for the tough part. I didn't remove these before I had the frame
painted. So if at all possible I would like to avoid applying the blue
tipped wrench to the frame.

They didn't seem like they were very loose when I removed the old springs,
so I wasn't going to change them, but I have been since convinced now is the
time to do the job right.

Anyone have a method that has been successful at extracting these bushings?

Thanks.

Bill Schickling