[oletrucks] Re: '56 alternator conversion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: '56 alternator conversion
From: Brad Self <brad_self@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:07:12 -0700
Greeting listers,

Anyone have a recommendation for a heavy duty alternator (police
vehicle type or other such beefy output type) to change out the
generator on a '56?  I've got a 4100 14K gwv flat bed (working truck,
not show) that I'm rewiring, running side markers, top mount front
fender Signal Stat type turn signals, fogs, back mount work light,
and a trailer socket, and a Waltco electric lift gate.  OR if there
were heavy duty generators produced for wreckers and such of that
vintage, part number info and the like would be greatly appreciated.
I'm guessing there'd be a corresponding voltage regulator upgrade to
go with a h.d. generator.

Thanks,
Brad Self
'64 1/2 ton C10 ss sb
'56 4100 1 & 1/2 ton 60" cab to axle flatbed