Re: [oletrucks] oil pan & gasket goo

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oil pan & gasket goo
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:43:14 -0700 (PDT)
> omahamail@fastmail.fm writes:
> Anybody use one of the Permatex gasket-replacement
> liquids instead of
> the gasket set when installing an oil pan on a 235?

When Permatex first started marketing Gasket
Eliminator, I bought some that was private labled for
Lawson Products. I was told that Permatex made it. It
is red in color and sticks to anything.  I tried it on
few things as gasket eliminator. It does work. What
works even better is to use it on new gaskets. It was
the only way to get the chrome valve covers on my 350
to quit leaking. I also found that by using this
product, I can use the less expensive cork gaskets and
get a better seal than neoprene gaskets give. I have
even used this stuff when I needed to put things like
an intake manifold back on with the old gaskets. The
stuff works great as a gasket adhesive and fairly well
as a gasket replacement.

Jim Nordwall

=====
Jim Nordwall