[oletrucks] 265 mounts

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 265 mounts
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 21:22:14 -0700
> Hi Guys,
>
> I bought a full set of engine mounts for the original 265 V8 in my 1955 Cameo
> from Truck Shop in Orange, CA and tried to install the rear ones today.
>
> After an hour of frustration trying to get the holes to line up, I compared
> the ones removed with what I was trying to install.  (A smart guy would have
> done it after 10 minutes.)  The mounts removed are rounded on the front and
>back
> edges and the new ones are square.  Why does that matter?  Several surfaces
> (block, clutch cover, etc.) impinge on that area and the square corners seem
> cause a problem.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Are mounts available from another source
> that will fit better?  Please answer directly as well as through the list, or
> even better, give me a call!

Just a wild guess, but are the sharp corners covered with
rubber?  The originals did not have rubber on the top of
them, but it's possible the replacements do, and that the
rubber could be removed (cut away).  Just an idea...

but if the corners are metal, you need some different
mounts, possibly just visit a real parts store in the town
you live in and order one to look at.   These mounts were
used for years (up to 72 in light trucks, longer in big
trucks), so they are not hard to find.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum at it's new home!
http://www.selectric.org