[oletrucks] Shocks

To: "OLETRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Shocks
From: "C & B Hosang" <hosang@281.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:29:54 -0500
I purchased a set of shocks for my '51 chev 3/4 ton p/u from the local NAPA
shop.  The front are way too long to get into the mounting brackets.
Compressed they are 15" long and my space is only 12 3/4.  Compressed bushing
to bushing they are 12' so I would only have 3/4' play before bottoming out.

Has anyone else had this problem?  NAPA people are trying to find out why the
book is wrong, and maybe what will fit.  Meanwhile, thought maybe someone with
a 3/4 ton could provide guidance.

Any help appreciated.

Charley Hosang