RE: [oletrucks] Secret Audio Opinion

To: KremerRAK@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Secret Audio Opinion
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:58:04 -0500
Rick:
Two years ago I bought a SecretAudio and installed in my '56.  Unit is
compact, easy to install.  For what I paid, I think the display head (I've
mounted it to the front of my cupholder on the seat) is kind of cheesy
(buttons are cheap, display is hard to read).  I've also had problems with
the unit sometimes powering up, sometimes not.  If I push the power button
several times it eventually comes on.  Another problem is the controls (both
on the head and the remote) require you to push them, release, and push
again.  You can't push the volume increase button, hold it and expect the
volume to get louder, you must continue to push and release the button.  I
don't have a CD player connected, but the instructions say you must use
their (SecretAudio) CD player, it' not compatable with other manufacturers.
I saw an ad recently that leads me to believe they've improved the control
head display and buttons but don't know if this is indeed true.

My advice, buy a name brand stereo.  Some of the major brands now have units
with remote control heads.  If I had to do it over again, I would NOT buy
SecretAudio (my opinion).

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Pontiac, IL