[oletrucks] Road Trip

To: <old-burb-club@yahoogroups.com>, <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Road Trip
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:41:23 -0700
I'm getting ready to take one of my old trucks on a 3,000 mile road trip.

My buddy Gene, who happens to be the blind owner of 8 '55-57 Chevy cars is
moving from near Seattle to south of Colorado Springs. The morning of July 5th
we are leaving here:

>> driving a '57 Chevy wagon (235/3-spd, the stock bluish-green color) pulling
a '55 Chevy 2-door car (red and black) using a towbar

>> driving my '72 Chevy pickup (orange and rust) pulling a '57 Chevy 2-door
wagon (white) using a dolly

>> driving a '84 Chevy van (gold and white) pulling a yellow '55 Chevy 2-door
on a trailer

If you happen to see us, please wave. If you see us stopped by side of the
road, please stop and help us find the nearest source of good cheap parts!

We expect to follow a path through Idaho into Wyoming on the way down, because
the passes are lower. Returning we may try the higher Utah route.

We're all expecting this will be an adventure to remember, but we fear some of
the memories will be road-side car repair...

If you live near our route, and don't mind sharing a phone number with someone
who might be calling for help, please contact me by email!

We'll return with an empty trailer and empty car dolly, so any suggestions
where to look for another AD pickup, truck, panel or suburban to drag home
would be welcome too!

Steve@OldSub.com