[oletrucks] Road Trip was great!

To: "'Oletrucks (oletrucks@autox.team.net)'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Road Trip was great!
From: "SCH (OldSub)" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:08:15 -0700
I want to thank everyone who offered a phone number and location while I was
on my recent road trip!  It was very comforting to know I was never far from
someone who could lend a hand.

We made the 3,200 mile round trip from Seattle to Canon City, Colorado (SW
from Colorado Springs) in six days.  My 32 year-old Chevy pickup was
flawless, and even made it over the 11,312 foot Monarch pass.  We had a hood
pop open on a '57 Chevy, lost a headlight on another '57 Chevy, side marker
light on my truck and lost lights on both the trailer and the dolly, but no
significant malfunctions otherwise.  And we were carrying plenty of extra
bulbs, so we were well prepared for lighting issues.

Mechanically the exciting events were limited to seeing a '57 Chevy wagon
run 1,600 miles using only 1 quart of oil and averaging 20 mpg.  The trucks
didn't do so good on gas, and my '72 used two quarts of oil.  Not bad for a
truck that turned the odometer over for the second time on this trip.

My son and I tool nearly 1,000 pictures, and one of the other guys took that
many more.  In a few days I'll have the best ones posted on my web site, so
check there if you are interested, or contact me offline and I'll let you
know when the photos appear.

Again, I really appreciate the many folk who offered help if we needed it.
While I feel fortunate we never needed it, it would have been fun to meet a
few of you along the way!

Steve@OldSub.com

www.OldSub.com