Re: [oletrucks] comments on Pertronix ignitions?

To: mark@noakes.com, napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] comments on Pertronix ignitions?
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:14:10 -0700
Mark, I live in PHX AZ. My daughter has used my (OUR?) Scout as a daily
driver to work for just a tad over 2 years. It's currently running abt
110-112 degrees F here now. But the bad thing I've heard abt all electronic
ignitions is that when they go, they tend to go RIGHT NOW. My son-in-law
says he plans on keeping a spare module in the car. Pertronix suggests that
you keep the original points in the glove box or someplace else in the car.
They say in an emergency, you can easily switch back to points. HHMMM, I
wonder what their definition of easy is?! They also use the Scout to go into
the boonies up around the Mogollon Rim, abt 2 1/2 hours from PHX. As I think
I mentioned before, when we first installed the ignition, my son-in-law sat
in the car for abt 10 minutes, starting and turning off the engine. He
couldn't believe how much easier it started. No, I'm not a Pertronix stock
holder!
Bob K