[oletrucks] power booster

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net (oletrucks),
Subject: [oletrucks] power booster
From: zigga50@att.net
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:08:17 +0000
a couple of months ago I bought a  bracket (from CPP)that would mount a mustang
2 booster and cylinder on my 50 chevy truck frame but it wouldn't work with
because Im still using the 4 speed wich needs to mount to the third crossmember
to prevent tail shaft whip. the third crossmember is right in the way of the
booster and cylinder . CPP said that I could cut a notch in the crossmember to
make it fit but when i looked at it the booster was way to big just to cut a
notch.  There are other kits that use boosters that are half the size of the
mustang 2 one's but they say that those dont work with the original drive
terain .  so with these smaller sized kits can I cut the crossmember (to where
its not mangled) and still mount  the booster/cylinder?  Or are there other
kits (not firewall mount kits) that will mount to the frame and work with the
original drive terain? Has anyone else done this before?