[oletrucks] Duffys?

To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Duffys?
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 10:39:18 -0700 (PDT)
I was on travel this week in Iowa, saw a brochure for a car dealer/museum in
Cedar
Rapids named Duffy's, and had a chance to go by there.  Has anybody ever heard
of this
place?

They had a real nice red 50 Chevy pickup, totally stock, that I would have
considered a
2+ on a scale of 1 - 5 with 1 being the best...and they wanted $22K for it!  I
would
have put a value of about $14K on it at best.  I don't think that I'm that out
of touch
with things...am I?

They had many other nice cars of all American makes from the 20s on up to the
70s (Cuda
convertible), but most of the prices were out of my league.  Many of the 60s -
70s
muscle cars were in the $30K - $80K range and these were mostly cars rated what
I would
consider a 2.

I did get some good stock 283 engine shots off of a 57 2 door coupe...of course
there
are a few differences between the cars and the trucks...so I'm still interested
in any
stone stock engine shots of the 58/59 truck 283.

Mark Noakes