RE: [oletrucks] Tire size

To: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Tire size
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:04:29 -0500
Bill:

I just measured the 235x75x15 tire on the right rear of my 57 GMC daily
driver.  It is about 10.5" at the widest point on the sidewall, just
over 6" tread width and provides a 13.5" rolling radius (ground to
center of the axle).  So I have no idea of what the 235 means, because
converted from millimeters (divided by your 25.4) it doesn't come close
to any of my measurements.

Oh, well.