[oletrucks] bellhousing 460496

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] bellhousing 460496
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:48:25 -0700
Someone somewhere was asking about a bellhousing
number...and by coincidence someone someone else was asking
about a similar bellhousing.  so I went out to the
bellhousing pile and looked.  I have a bellhousing with
number 460486, which is from a Chevy truck from the 70s.  It
has the large hole in it, so it won't properly align an old
truck tranny, it is designed to be used with the SM465 type
4 speed tranny that was first used around 1968.

And I saw another of these bellhousings at the swap meet
this morning, I even knew what the casting number was before
I looked!

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum at it's new home!
http://www.selectric.org