Re: [oletrucks] gutless wipers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gutless wipers
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:54:18 -0400
Rob_Parkinson@peoplesoft.com wrote:

> Can anyone out there give my son some advice on boosting the vacuum
> power for his wipers?  There's just not enough to keep them going,
> even with the lightest rain.  We have totally dissasembled and
> re-lubricated the wiper motor, so it is functionally good, just not
> enough vacuum pressure from the carb.  It's a 51 3100, 12V with a 235.
>  Not sure what kind of carburetor.....

I suggest you do what I did and buy an electric wiper motor replacement
kit from Chevy Duty:
1947 - 1953 ... Part #67-064 - 12V ... $150

When I first got my truck, the vacuum wipers were hilariously useless!
I did the electric motor replacement and they work like a charm!  Well
worth it.

Alan
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/