Re: [oletrucks] TF lever on firewall

To: hotrod64chevy@yahoo.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF lever on firewall
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:56:43 EDT
> while moving my truck aound this afternoon, I noticed a "pedal" type lever
> on
> the firewall to the far left, near the vent.  I'm guessing this may be for a
> pump type washer system or?  Don't see any nozzles pointed at the window.
> Any
> thoughts on what this may be?
>
> Devin

   The nozzles, if they exist, will be TINY little things on the wiper base
bezel. They should look like a small screw head with a slot in it for a
screwdriver, and a tiny hole in the side. If it's not there, then it might be
for
something else, I believe an auxiliary brake system was mentioned? I've seen
the
foot pump washers, though, that's the correct location. Do you see anything on
the firewall  under the hood for a reservoir for fluid? I think it was
mounted up high on the firewall, but I could be wrong. Big glass jar, usually.

Jerry Casper
'55 Suburban project