[oletrucks] Re: TF lever on firewall

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: TF lever on firewall
From: Keith V Durand <kdurand@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 00:19:59 -0400
I had one of those too. It wasn't real clear how it worked, but it looked like a
windshield washer widget.

The lever squeezed a bulb that pumped air or water. There was no (working) check
valve there. It also looked like it never had one. It had only one tube coming
in the back, which poked out of the firewall into the engine compartment. There
was also a tank under the hood with some strange plastic fittings. My lid was
rusted through and the plastic fitting melted, so it wasn't obvious how it
worked.

There was also a cable that turned on the wipers when the bulb was squeezed.
Neat.

Keith